Jeff Tweedy's kind of an "AABA" guy...sometimes "AABAC."

08 August 2007

Earl D. Unitas

A quick one.  

Top Ten Geographically-Inspired Band Names:

4. Boston
5. Europe
7. Asia

Okay, so the last two are kind of a stretch, but Cypress Hill is in California and Bay City is, of course, in Michigan (which is inherently strange, seeing as how they are a Scottish band).  

Also, astonishingly enough, these bands all have official websites with the exception of the Bay City Rollers (but their lead singer has one).  I think if we all get together and sign a petition, we can get these guys back together for another Live at Budokan AND an official website! 

I'll let someone else handle that.

But my Top Ten is pretty solid, I think.  Please let me know if I've made any glaring geo-band omissions, or if you take issue with one of my ranking choices.  I'm open to suggestions, but accepting them is at my discretion.

...punk. 


2 comments:

Anna said...

I read that the Bay City Rollers picked their name by randomly pointing to a map, Bay City, Michigan was where the finger landed.

Anonymous said...

Joiskilia
[url=http://healthplusrx.com/improve-eyesight-naturally]improve eyesight naturally[/url]
PaypenKeeda