Jeff Tweedy's kind of an "AABA" guy...sometimes "AABAC."

23 July 2007

Laverneus Itallone

Ah, a day with nothing and everything to do.  Once again.

The nature of this "business" is strange.  I use "business" loosely at this point, seeing how I'm rarely paid and frequently passed over in my young career.  It's something I have to keep telling myself: it is, indeed, young.  I've really only been at it a year or so, and I'm already a Clio award-winning actor and have been well-paid in a few productions.  But...yeah.  Call it the human propensity toward wanting more, but I do.  

Yet, I keep working.  I seriously cannot complain because I am busy.  And I'm meeting people, right?  That's the way it's supposed to be.  I'm supposed to be destitute and ill-fed.  I'll tell you what:  I'd much rather be a well-fed artist.  I keep hoping that my persistence will pay off.  That when I'm still doing this at thirty, as Louie Anderson says in Coming To America, "That's when the big bucks start rolling in!"

More later.  Now to tidy up my room and get ready to rock some serious one-act play festivaling.  AGAIN!

No comments: